Tuesday, April 24, 2012

We Gathered in the Woods for a Wedding pt. 1


I had the lovely experience of spending a this past weekend away with family. And what a weekend! I was so inspired by the world my aunt and uncle have created for themselves over the years. each time I pay a visit to their small town in southern Virginia my senses come alive again. Things are just so simple there, everything is fresh and vibrant. Nothing is geometric, everything is built with the land. Its a different world than I'm accustomed too but its also always a welcomed break from reality.

The event we all gathered for was a wedding; my cousin's to be exact. A simple affair, outside, despite the rain!,  full of everything and anything that was found locally and in nature. A true handmade, bohemian wedding at its best. Not to mention there was nothing better than seeing my cousin so happy and full of love!!

p.s. happy birthday sky!

xx Stephanie Lynne