Thursday, March 1, 2012

Alright girls, its time to stop wasting money on exfoliators that are made up of things you can easily find around your home (or at least in the grocery store for cheap!) and chemicals that you shouldn't be putting on your skin in the first place! After all your skin is your largest, and in my opinion most important organ (I'm not counting the heart or brain, because well...duh!) You can easily make your own great exfoliant that you don't have to worry about using up on your body if you feel the need for a good old fashioned scrub. And here's all it takes:

Now container wise I just went to my local thrift store and bought a mason jar for .50 cents. But you can use just about anything to store it in. Now there are a few variations on this recipie but this is what i found works great for me!:

- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Lemon Juice
- Traditional Sugar
- Coffee Grounds (I don't have these in mine, but a friend of mine does and I've used it several times and loved the addition!) 

There aren't any precise measurements, I will tell you though that your base should be the brown sugar and the rest should just be small add ins to fill the jar well. One other tip add the lemon juice last, after you have mixed up the other ingredients, the lemon juice will make it slightly paste like and if you add it before you mix it will make things harder to blend.

xx Stephanie Lynne