Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I realize the other day I made a post and mentioned my internship at Condor, but never have I actually spoke to you all about my experience there. So here goes some kind of summery to the best of my ability, of my wonderful time at Condor.
I found out about the internship because one of the employee's at condor took my trend spotting class during the spring semester and had a good relationship with our professor. So when Condor was in need of interns our professor was quick to let us know and I was just as quick to respond to their request. And after an interview with the lovely Kylie and a day to make sure I fit well at the store my internship had begun. Over all I spent almost the entirety of my semester helping out at Condor and I'm so thankful I did so. 
Working with a new company like Condor was an experience I will always cherish, because it is such a small store, I got to get my hands dirty in just about ever aspect of running a boutique. I worked with the inventory, worked to create a more organized system in our back stock, ran basic errands, helped customers and even got to learn how to merchandise a store. Merchandising the store I will openly admit was my favorite aspect, especially since I got to really understand just how important the layout of your product in a space can be, as well as how often you should change things up to make it feel fresh in the space. 
Overall I'm very thankful to my friends over at Condor for their time spent teaching me.

links:


www.shopcondor.com
www.facebook.com/shopcondor
www.shopcondor.tumblr.com


xx Stephanie Lynne